Have you ever heard of Halfway Day? This is what 100 countries around the world celebrate (for fun) as the halfway point between the next St. Patrick’s Day. Some call it “St. Practice Day.” In addition to that, Halfway Day also marks the anniversary of Arthur Guinness, founder of the delicious Guinness beer, who signed a contract in 1759 that would allow him to brew in his factory for 9,000 years. He was a man of vision and had VERY long-term plans for brewing.
This year, Halfway Day takes place on September 17th and McGrath’s Irish Ale House wants you to join us for the festivities! It’ll be eleven hours of fun, beginning at 1 p.m. and lasting all the way to midnight. You can expect a whole day of live music, Irish food, and, of course, beer! There are even games and entertainment for kids.
McGrath’s Irish Ale House has the best drink/food menu anywhere in Lakewood Ranch. Come in any time to sample one of these special cocktails (these are just a few of what he have):
- Irish “True” Old Fashioned (Jameson Black Barrel, Benedictine, angostura & orange bitters)
- McGrath’s Mule (2 Gingers Whiskey, ginger beer, lime juice, bitters & mint)
- The Irish Maiden (Teeling Irish Whiskey, St. Germain, lemon juice, cucumber, & honey syrup)
- The Irish Gunslinger (Gunpowder Gin, St. Germain, honey syrup, ruby red grapefruit)
McGrath’s also has over a couple of dozen Irish whiskeys such as Jameson, Yellow Spot, The Quite Man, and Redbreast 12 Year.
Then there is the rest of our drink menu, which includes several beers. If you like to have a little of everything, you should try one of our beer flights.
- The World Tour (Kentucky Bourbon Ale, Stella, Magner Cider, and Murphy’s Irish Red)
- The Four Corners of The World (Harp, Kilkenny, Smithwick’s, and Guinness)
- Choose Your Poison (pick any four beers you want)
Our food menu is available for brunch, lunch, dinner, and Happy Hour! One of our delicious Happy Hour deals in the $10 Charcuterie Board, comprised of “Chef’s Selection Cured Meats, and Irish Cheeses, Clover Honey, Fruit, Soda Bread.” You can enjoy this with us Monday through Friday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Our dinner menu features some Irish classics like Chicken Pot Pie, Shepherds Pie, Steak & Ale Pie, and Corned Beef & Cabbage. This is just a small taste of our huge menu you can view online.
McGrath’s Irish Ale House is located at 8110 Lakewood Main St., Lakewood Ranch, Florida, 34202. Call us with any questions at 941-210-4398. You can make reservations with us as well as order takeout online.
We can’t wait to celebrate Halfway Day with you on September 17th!